|VISIT ACWG BLOG|
|RECEIVING YOUR ORDER|
|Terms and Conditions|
Receiving Your Order:
We take great care to package your shipment so that it does not get damaged in transit. When shipping via a freight carrier each order will be placed on a pallet, (for anything other than roll goods) protective cardboard corners will cover all exposed edges (except for carpet tile orders), the product will be secured to the pallet using black strapping, then wrapped with several layers of shrink wrap, and finally finished with blue and white tampering tape. Trim/molding pieces will be delivered in a separate tube not physically attached to your pallet. FedEx ground shipments also receive the protective cardboard corners on all exposed edges. Below are example pictures of what you should expect your shipment to look like when delivered to you.
Via freight carrier:
Please know that someone MUST be present to sign for and offload your shipment.
When receiving your shipment you need to be aware that there is always the possibility of damage and/or missing items. With this being the case we have some general guidelines that you need to follow:
- Inspect the pallet/roll for visible damage.
- Verify quantity and account for all items.
- If there is any damage, concerns, or missing items, be sure to make note of it on the receiving documents prior to signing for your shipment.
- Call us at 800-548-2706 and ask for the customer care department before the driver leaves.
- In the event there is damage do not refuse the shipment. We can usually replace damaged or missing items quickly if noted on the receiving documents.
- If you have a 3 rd party receive and sign for your shipment, you are responsible for making sure they are aware of the above guidelines.
***We CANNOT send out a free replacement unless the damage or missing items were noted on the receiving documents at the time of delivery***
Via FedEx ground:
Someone must be present to sign for and accept delivery. If you find any damage after opening your shipment, please contact us at 800-548-2706 and ask for the customer care department.
You have three options when shipping by freight carrier:
1) Terminal pickup:
2) Residential delivery (This will be delivered to the end of your driveway):
- Remember offloading is your responsibility. Depending on the size of the pallet/roll you may need anywhere from 2-5 people without the risk of damage or injury. Please keep in mind that carpet tends to be very heavy and generally hard to handle.
- Keep in mind that these are tractor trailers and they are limited in the places that they can access. If your residence is deemed inaccessible, then you may be asked to meet the driver at another location to receive your shipment.
3) Commercial delivery (Must have a dock door and equipment to unload)
Examples of laminate shipments.
Examples of hardwood shipments.
Example of vinyl tile
This is an example of a carpet tile shipment.
This is an example of a tube containing trim pieces.
©2002-2017 American Carpet Wholesalers of Georgia. All Rights Reserved.
Get ConnectedAbout Us
Visit our Blog