There have been a huge number of water resistant and waterproof flooring products introduced in the last few years. With every major manufacturer of flooring introducing at least one or more products into this category you can see how it has become “flooded” with choices for the consumer. Here at Floortalk, our team of experts at American Carpet Wholesalers, provides educated recommendations for products. When we look back at the water resistant flooring choices that have hit the market since 2017, one certainly comes to the front of its class – Shaw Repel Laminate Floors.
This flooring was introduced in early 2017 and continues to be a contender in this increasingly competitive segment still to this day. Why? Well, it just has the right make up of looks, ease of installation, durability and, of course, price!
Shaw says it best, “Accidents do happen,” and that is the basis for them developing what became Shaw Repel laminate flooring. Traditional laminate flooring is great, but what happened if a glass of water or other liquid was spilled onto it? More than likely it would develop some really ugly bubbling and buckling. The planks would have to be replaced and here’s hoping that the installer didn’t use an adhesive to lay it down. Shaw Repel Laminate Floors features LocNPlace technology that makes installation a breeze.
Shaw Repel Laminate Floors let you enjoy the elegance of natural wood with easy care and clean up high-performance water-resistant Laminate flooring, and was designed to stand up to the toughest household conditions. Shaw Repel Water-Resistant Laminate is the next generation of laminate flooring products and the fastest growing category in the flooring business.
Shaw Repel Laminate Floors are designed to stand up to the toughest household conditions. Shaw Repel Water Resistant Laminate is scratch, stain and fade resistant, kid and pet-friendly and easy to install. And that’s not all, Repel is easy to clean and can even be wet-mopped!
Shaw Repel Laminate Floors are naturally durable, making cleaning a breeze. Below are tips on how to care for your Laminate flooring and keep it looking terrific for years.
Cleaning Laminate Floors:
- For tough spots, such as oil, paint, markers, lipstick, ink or tar, use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth. Then wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) to prevent accumulation of dirt and grit that can scratch or dull the floor finish.
- Periodically clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate floor care.
- Avoid using steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated type cleaners.
- Do not use any type of buffing or polishing machine on your laminate floors.
- For spots such as candle wax or chewing gum, harden the spot with ice and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Shaw additionally warrants that Shaw Repel Laminate Floors will not warp, cup, buckle or delaminate when properly installed and maintained according to Shaw’s installation instruction procedures and care guide.
The finish protection of Shaw Repel Laminate Flooring Will Not:
- Wear through
- Fade as a result of direct sunlight or artificial light
Shaw Repel Water Resistant Laminate Flooring will:
- Resist damage under normal use conditions
- Resist damage from moisture under normal use conditions
- Resist damage from moisture due to normal cleaning practices
- Resist damage from moisture due to everyday household spills
Shaw Repel Laminate Floors are available in several different collections at American Carpet Wholesalers. For our favorites, check out Gold Coast, Kings Cove, Pier Park, and Pinnacle Port. All gorgeous floors with subtle differences in wood finishes and color. Some have a reclaimed look with varying tones and others have the classic, rich look of traditional hardwood. Flooring featuring hand scraping, 30-year warranties, and the ease of a floating floor install – what more could you ask for!
If you are looking for a laminate floor with the look and feel of true hardwood, with the advantage of being waterproof, then look no farther than Shaw Repel Laminate Floors. Contact our flooring experts at American Carpet Wholesalers to discuss your project. When you callus at 800-548-2706, you can count on getting the correct advice for your project and, more importantly, that you’re getting the best price available.