|VISIT ACWG BLOG|
|RECEIVING YOUR ORDER|
|Terms and Conditions|
To better serve our customers, you will be notified via email once your shipment has left our facilities. You will be provided with shipping info such as, Freight Bill #, Freight Carrier telephone numbers, anticipated freight charges, and other pertinent information. You should contact the carrier immediately to verify anticipated delivery date. If the information is not what we provided to you, contact us immediately so as we may correct any errors before your shipment arrives.
We use only freight carriers that have proven track records of on time delivery and low rates of damage. When your shipment arrives, please inspect packaging (or instruct the person who will be receiving the shipment) for any damage. In the rare event you should see damage, no matter how slight it may seem, call customer service immediately so as we may make the determination as to what course of action to take. Taking care of your interest is our best interest.
Receiving Your Order:
1) If at all possible, you should arrange to pick up your shipment at the nearest terminal of the delivering carrier especially carpet. Carpet tends to be very heavy and generally hard to handle. Area rugs and other small items will be delivered directly to your door.
2) If you picking up the shipment is not an option, you should arrange to have your installer pick it up. As flooring professional he is accustomed to handling large and heavy floor coverings.
3) If the above are not options you have, your shipment can be delivered directly to your home. This is a curb side delivery. Freight companies will not pull into your driveway or on to your property. Freight carriers usually charge an extra $25 to $150 for this service. Although about $45 is the norm. Keep in mind these extra charges are for bringing their equipment into a residential neighborhood only. Off loading is your responsibility. Depending on the size of the package, you will need anywhere from 2-5 people to unload your shipment without the risk of damage. You should inspect packaging before and after unloading for damage.
4) Another option is that your installer or builder may have a warehouse that is normally used to receive material. Never, have your shipment go to a retail floor covering store (even at the request of your installer). You have just deprived them of thousands of dollars of profit and they will not help make your experience very pleasant.
5) When you receive your shipment (whether by you or a third party), be sure you verify quantity (is everything there?), inspect for visible damage (if there is, be sure to note the damage on the receiving documents, call 800.548.2706 while the driver is there if at all possible). If in the rare event there is damage, do not refuse the shipment. We can usually replace damaged items quickly if noted on the proof of delivery.
6) Never have your material installed until you have verified your order is correct. There is no recourse once the material has been installed unless there is a warranty issue and wrong color, wrong size or installation of damaged material does not constitute a warranty issue.
©2002-2020 American Carpet Wholesalers of Georgia. All Rights Reserved.
Get ConnectedAbout Us
Visit our Blog